Practicality - Realistic - Social
This beautiful brown and gold stone is a member of the Quartz family as it is made from the rock-forming mineral amphibole. This ancient stone has been used as a protecting guardian for many years.
- Location: Found in South Africa
- System: Trigonal
- Rarity: Common
- Lustre: Vitreous
- Hardness: 7
- Identification: When light reflects off the fibres in the stone the stripes of brown and gold will look as though they move.
- Soothes physically and mentally.
- Releases stuck or congested states.
- Stabilises with practicality and reality.
- Balances the mind-body-spirit and creates harmony.
- Increases strength during healing practices.
- Used to focus a scattered mind.
Properties and Uses
Tigers Eye is a strong stone that has been used throughout time to protect against the Evil Eye.
- Diverts unwanted energy
- Builds confidence
- Encourages social behaviour
- Encourages luck
- Brings insight
When meditating use Tiger’s Eye at the Root, Sacral or Solar Plexus to draw in grounding energy. Try meditating with Tiger’s Eye or placing it on your desk for help with problems, making practical and realistic decisions and solutions.
As a memeber of the Quartz family Tiger’s Eye consists of the mineral amphibole (usually Crocidolite).
Crocidolite gives Quartz a blue/green sheen and produces the stone Falcon’s Eye.
If these oxidize Tiger’s Eye is created with the gold/brown coloring see.