Mystical - Creative - Playful
This stunning stone is the stone of October. This powerful stone connects with the Crown Chakra and has high vibrational energy. The name Opal comes from the Sanskrit Upala which means jewel, this popular stone comes in many different variants.
- Location: Mined from Australia, USA, Peru, Brazil, and Mexico
- System: Amorphous
- Rarity: Common
- Lustre: Vitreous to mother-of-pearl
- Hardness: 6
- Identification: This variation is milky white with traces of many other colors, the opalescence will appear as vivid colors floating on the background.
- Believed to increase youthfulness.
- Help to work through negative feelings and sad moods.
- Helps to develop self-confidence.
- Balances the mind-body-spirit and creates harmony.
Opal is a great all-around crystal. It is known for clearing the mind and restoring energies but it is also great for raising one’s spiritual vibration during clairvoyant work.
Properties and Uses
Opal is known for being an unlucky stone, Opal is a delicate and soft stone and when it is exposed to the air it will lose water molecules and this can leave small fractures.
- Connects with the Crown Chakra
- Draws in playful angelic energies
- Brings clarity to the mind
- Unlocks creative energies
- Draw out delicate aspects of ourselves and begins to heal
- Broadens the consciousness
- Encourages confidence and self-love
When working with Opal try to connect with the Crown Chakra and visualize the many colors of Opal emitting radiant energy out into your aura. Use Opal to connect with your higher consciousness and let it’s angelic light guide you through a meditation.
Andean Opal, Dark Opal, Cherry Opal, Fire Opal, Precious Opal, Common Opal, Dendritic or tree Opal.