Passion - Strength - Motivation
Garnet is the birthstone of January. It is made from a mixture of minerals which results in many different colors. It was used as a sacred stone by the Native American Indians, the South American Indians, the Aztecs, the African tribal elders, and the Mayans.
- Location: Found in Madagascar, India and United States
- System: Cubic
- Rarity: Common
- Lustre: Vitreous
- Hardness: 7 – 7.5
- Identification: Garnet comes from Latin word for pomegranate which are small red seeds.
- Garnet speeds up the healing process.
- Red Garnet is a powerful energizer when used for a short time.
- Green Garnet are gentler but still stimulate.
- All Garnets are fiery stones used to fight cold sluggish disease states.
Properties and Uses
Red symbolizes vitality and all things living in the form of blood. It supports the flow of Chi throughout the body Garnet symbolises: Strength – Stimulation – Success – Fertility – Love – Warmth
- Ground our energies
- Draws in passion and high energy
- Used to create balance out of chaos
- Connect with primordial energies
- Energies the Root Chakra
- Connect with past lives
Next time you feel a little under the weather use a clear quartz wand to direct energy to the area of the body that feels sluggish. Hold a garnet in the palm of the same hand so that it touches the wand. The garnet will boost the energy flow along the wand and increase the effectiveness of the healing.