Quieting - Protecting - Calming
Black Onyx is a powerful dark stone. This stone is a variety of agate that often has bands of quart, chalcedony and opal. Onyx is a dark stone that is used to step back from situations and look from different viewpoints.
- Location: Found in Uruguay, Afghanistan, India, Madagascar, Peru and the USA
- System: Trigonal
- Rarity: Common
- Lustre: Vitreous, Silky or Dull
- Hardness: 7
- Identification: Black Onyx can be identified by it’s jet black color.
- Clears the auric field.
- Quietens emotions.
- Reveals underlying causes.
- Great help for shock and trauma.
- Helps with everyday fears and challenges.
- Heals through strength and balancing self control
Properties and Uses
Black Onyx is very different to other stones in the way that is calms energies and distracts attention. This stone dulls energies and masks an individual making them stand out less.
- Protects against negativity.
- Calms the mind and energies.
- Balances excitability and quick tempers.
- Increases inner reflection.
- Can helps us to distance our energies from other peoples.
- Provides intuitive guidance and reflection from dark to light.
Try wearing Black Onyx to distance your energies from stressors in life.
During meditation place Black Onyx on the Third Eye to help with intuition and reflection.
Try using a Black Onyx spheres during clairvoyance and scrying.
This dark stone can be used to open the Root Chakra. Try using Black Onyx to connect with your Base Root Chakra and ground your energies. This way we can feel balanced and calm.
Black Obsidian – Black Tourmaline