Revealing - Protecting - Cleansing
Black Obsidian is a powerful stone known for protecting and bringing out the truth. It is formed by rapid cooling volcanic lava and the coloring comes from it’s iron content. This stone of truth helps to bring this to the surface,
remove blockages and shatter illusions.
Location: Volcanic regions
- System: Amorphous
- Rarity: Common
- Lustre: Vitreous
- Hardness: 6
- Identification: Black Obsidian is usually very dark with no other colors, it can also have a dark brown tinge to it.
- Rebalances the digestive system
- Clears the auric field
- Believed to aid the release of addiction and addictive behavior
- Helps with self-control
- Helps to discover spiritual aspects of ones life
- Great for shock and trauma
- Believed to help with joint pain, arthritis and cramp
In ancient Mexico Obsidian was known as the divine stone and amulets were carved from it to be worn as jewelry.
The use of Obsidian dates back to the Old Stone Ages. Traditionally it was polishes to make scrying tools, a small disk or polished sphere is often used as a mirror to aid in clairvoyance practice.
Properties and Uses
Black Obsidian is the stone of Truth. It is used to uncover the subconscious and bring things into light. It often teaches people to face their true selves.
- Reveal what is hidden
- Grounds stabilizes and anchors
- Bring hidden issues, emotions and traumas to the surface
- Helps to release negative energy
- Used as a shield of protection
- Changes bad luck into good luck
- Used to stimulate the gift of prophecy
Try wearing Black Obsidian in daily life to protect against negative energies.
To help solve past life issues, place a piece of the stone on the third eye during a regression meditation.
Try using a Black Obsidian sphere during clairvoyance and scrying.
Types Of Obsidian
Snowflake Obsidian –
Mahogany Obsidian –
Black Onyx – Black Tourmaline
– Smoky Quart