Cooling - Soothing - Calming
Aquamarine is the birthstone of March. Known as the stone of the sea this beautiful blue crystal clarifies, cools and soothes the mind. It is a variety of beryl and the impurities of iron determine the coloring which can
range from colorless to deep blue.
The name of this magical stone comes from the Latin ‘water of the sea’ and refers to the sparkling ocean like color. Aquamarine is often used for cleansing, inspiring truth and letting go. It has a huge
amount of spiritual and emotional impact on individuals.
- Location: Good sources in Brazil and Pakistan but also located in Russia, Kenya, Madagascar and Midwestern United States.
- System: Hexagonal
- Rarity: Common
- Lustre: Vitreous
- Hardness: 7.5 – 8
- Identification: It is found in pegmatite a type of slow forming igneous rock, it is almost colourless, pale blue and turquoise. Hexagonal pencil shaped crystals can usually be seen.
- Boost the immune system
- Balances the Throat Chakra
- Clears stagnant emotions
- Reduces stress
- A cooling stone used for infections and inflammation
Aquamarine is known for enlightenment and spiritual awareness. It is such a pure stone that it is often used for protection. It is believed to be so pure that no impurities can exist in it’s vicinity.
Properties and Uses
In Ancient Lore it was believed to be the treasure of mermaids and was used by sailors as talismans for good luck. Today it is used to protect all who travel over or near water.
- Attunes your emotions
- Promotes safe travel across seas
- Encourages optimism
- Encourages unique skills
- Enables creative expression of ideas
- Helps to find inspiration
- Encourages the imagination to flow
- Allows expression of what we think and feel
- Promotes compassion
When you feel that your energy is low try wearing a Aquamarine midway between the Throat and Heart Chakra.
If you feel stressed or restless try to combine Aquamarine in a layout with Rose Quartz to calm and sooth.
As this stone increases awareness and opens you up emotionally it is wise to pair it with a stone that dispels negativity.