Growth - Balance - Healing
Amethyst is an all-round spiritual healing stone. It is great for bringing balance and stability into one’s life and calming the mind. This beautiful purple stone is the birthstone of February and it has been favoured by royalty
throughout the ages. This stone is mostly formed in geodes in rock cavities left by volcanic gas bubbles.
- Location: Mined in Siberia, Sri Lanka, Brazil and the far East
- System: Trigonal
- Rarity: Common
- Lustre: Vitreous
- Hardness: 7
- Identification: Amethyst show dichroism, appearing blue-purple or red-purple from different angles. The color of Amethyst tends to be strong at the base and milky at the tip. They are found in short sided prismatic crystals; Mexican Amethyst tends to be pale with long narrow prisms and Chevron Amethyst displays bands of purple and white.
- Aids meditation and helps with sleep problems
- Believed to help headaches
- Helps to find the root cause of ones behaviours
- Helps to reduce feelings of overstressed overwhelmed and overworked
Amethyst is a great healing stone, this means that it can be used for self-development and growth. This stabilizing stone can really help to grow and follow intuition.
Properties and Uses
Amethyst is a variety of Quarts colored by iron. Shades vary from pale to dark purple. When exposed to heat it turns brown yellow or green.
- Tames unruly behaviour
- Used for cleansing the aura and creating a shield of protection
- Calm the mind
- Maintain equilibrium in all situations
- Balance polarities
- Encourage self control
- Calm harsh emotions and bring stability
- Helps practical applications of imagination
- Initiates wisdom and greater understanding
- Improves intellect and cerebral thought
Amethyst is a powerful stone that can be linked to Ajna, the third eye brow Chakra. This is the Chakra of intuition and the higher self, by linking to this Chakra we are able to encourage spiritual growth and communicate with our higher self. When this Chakra is in balance our thoughts and internal communications are healthy. We become open to new ideas, dreams and visions.
For healing place 8 amethyst crystals, one above the head, one below the feet and the rest evenly across the body, all pointing inwards.
Try to use a piece of amethyst during meditation, spiritual practices and divination as it is a spiritual crystal used to unlock the third eye.
Surround yourself in amethyst for protection and amplification, then try placing other crystals on your third eye to explore their qualities, then finish of with a grounding crystal like tourmaline.